Skip to main content

Beauty Review: Accent Cellulite Treatment: Does it REALLY work?

Review: Accent for Cellulite

Alright, is there anything (short of curing major diseases) that would earn someone billions if it could really work to rid us of this stuff? I’ve tried it all, and I do mean it ALL, when it comes to ridding my poor thighs of this scourge. Honestly, all the workouts, weights, creams, pills, massage, Endermologie (works a little–very temporary), mesotherapy (ouch! I hate needles, so this wasn’t a big seller for me) in the world hasn’t worked. Believe me, I’ve tried.

When I saw an ad in my local paper for a new treatment, Accent, accompanied with some pretty awesome before and afters pics, I tore it out and made the call. If it worked as well as what the pictures showed, count me in. I made an appointment with the Skinovative clinic that ran the ad. It’s in the mall, so I had some trepidation…after all, skin treatments in the mall? At least it didn’t involve needles or invasive treatments, so what could be the harm. I bravely waited for my appointment.

In the meantime, I did some internet research. There was some info, not a lot, as this treatment is new and has just recently received the coveted FDA approval. Generally all the women who reported had had a couple of treatments and started seeing results. Regardless of the limited information I could find on actual customers who had success with it, I’m still going to try it and see for myself. Accent is billed as “volumetric RF thermotherapy.” Whatever that is. To learn more about how it works, Google “Accent cellulite.”

After a bit of a rough start with Skinovative (they screwed up my appt. and lost it plus when I finally did get in they made me pay upfront–UPFRONT??– for the treatment. Seems some mallrats get treatments and then quickly scoot or conveniently “forget their wallets” aka the Botox Bandit, so I frowned but ponied up. However, on my second visit, things were running more smoothly and I was allowed to pay after the treatment.) This was my first visit with them and they work on a “membership” basis. You pay $150 to join and then receive 15% off all treatments. Whatever. If this stuff works, it’s a small price to pay.

So here is the lowdown on my (albeit limited) experience with Accent:

It’s performed by a doctor (at least at the Skinovative I visited it is). It’s a relatively quick procedure. I’m in and out in under 45 minutes. A body oil is applied to the area treated, in my case the front of my thighs, and then the radiofrequency probes are rubbed quickly across the area. When I say quickly, I mean very quickly. It doesn’t rest in any one place because the probe heats up to almost intolerable levels of heat. To begin, it feels like a warm, pleasant massage. Then it starts to feel like a bit of a hot stone massage–points of heat but not intolerable. As the probe heats up, which it needs to do to actually work, there are moments of discomfort. You can stop the procedure for a momentary break and then begin again. As I said, the probe is moved very quickly so the heat does not rest in one spot (unlike Thermage, in which the probe rests in one spot, heats up and then cools quickly). (For more info on how Accent works, just Google “Accent cellulite.”)

If you have a very low tolerance for pain, think about this procedure before commiting. It can be painful. If you have a medium or high tolerance, you should do well. I took 2 Advil before my second procedure and it seemed to help. I had a couple moments of pain, but they subsided quickly. If you’ve had Thermage, it is similar. This treatment can be done on various parts of the body and some will inevitably be more sensitive than others.

The bottom line: After my first treatment, my legs felt like I had a bit of a bad sunburn in some spots and they were a bit red, but it faded after a couple hours. By the next morning, they were fine, like nothing happened. However, I did not notice much of a change. I’d been told that usually good results were seen after 3 or 4 treatments, so I decided to go again. After my second treatment, I saw measureable results. My thighs are not completely smoothed, but the cellulite has diminished considerably. Super cool. This is enough to show me it’s worth it. I’m going again in three weeks.

Price? After the $150 membership fee, the treatments are $595 each (here in Tucson, AZ; your area may be more or less). You can also buy packages at Skinovative for 6 and save the cost of one whole treatment. I probably should have gone this route, but I wanted to see how it worked and how I tolerated it before paying for a whole package. If it continues to show good results, I’m gonna do my butt, back of thighs, stomach…budget willing. They are pricey treatments, but after years of dealing with the stuff that DOESN’T work, I’m not complaining (too much, anyway) if I find something that does.

In all, it wasn’t bad and I’m going back for a third treatment in three weeks. Supposedly results are permanent as long as you don’t gain tons of weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Stay tuned…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CaviPlla Sculplla 3-Step Treatment for Plump Skin Over 40

CaviPlla Sculplla Treatment DIY - Three Steps to Plump Skin After 40 --Limited time special on this product -- https://agelessbeautypro-eclub.ecwid.com/ CaviPlla Sculplla Treatment DIY - Three Steps to Plump Skin After 40 --Limited time special on this product -- https://agelessbeautypro-eclub.ecwid.com/ This is my personal favorite treatment protocol for using the Sculplla / CAVI PLLA serum. It's a 3-step process I use a couple of times a week and it's had excellent results! 1. Exfoliate - it's a must! What to use. 2. Microneedle - if you should or not 3. Serum - how to use it Interested in more AGELESSBEAUTYPRO articles and tips? http://www.agelessbeautycoach.com Visit: http://www.agelessbeautypro.com SAVE $50 on Clareblend Mini Microcurrent - limited time special Get the Cavi PLLA super trio special - LIMITED TIME https://agelessbeautypro-eclub.ecwid.com/

3 Antiaging Skincare Protocols | Overnight - 30 Minutes - 5 Minute Quickie